vegan, makes about 4 burgers
1/4 cup nutritional yeast
1/2 cup bread crumbs, fine
1 can white cannellini beans,
drained dash salt
2 Tbsp apple cider vinegar
2-3 Tbsp olive oil
dash chipotle powder
dash garlic powder
dash black pepper
1/2 tsp liquid smoke (opt'l)
4 slices vegan cheddar "cheese"
8 slices vegan "bacon" (fried in 1 1/2 Tbsp oil)
1 1/2 cups Salad
4 tomato slices
4 Tbsp Vegenaise
4 Tbsp spicy Dijon mustard
foil or parchment paper for baking burgers
1. Start off by turning your oven to 400.
2. For your burgers, place all the ingredients in a large mixing bowl and grab a big fork to start mashing. And mashing. And mashing until the mixture becomes a sticky paste of mashed beans.
3. Next you can line a baking sheet with parchment paper and start hand-shaping your burgers. You should get about 4 thick burgers - depending how big you make them.
4. Lay your burgers on the parchment paper and bake in oven for 20-30 minutes - or until brown crust starts to for on the outside. Longer baking times will dry out your burger more. For the last 5 minutes of baking you can add your slice of cheese to the burgers to get it to melt. You can also place your buns in the oven a few minutes to toast.
5. While your burgers are baking - you can fry your vegan bacon. Set aside along with the the other ingredients.